Instructions To Assemble Your Gingerbread House:
- Lay side pieces out on a flat base as shown in Fig.1.
- Pipe icing on edges as indicated in Fig.1.
- Place sides together making sure all corners form right angles.
- Let these joints harden 10 minutes before placing the roof.
- When ready to set roof, pipe icing on the roof line and place roof pieces on house as in Fig. 2.
- Pipe a final bead of icing across top of roof to join the two roof pieces.
- Fasten house to the base by piping a bead of icing at the base of the house where it touches the board.
Download the Ginger Bread Assembly Guide (PDF File) for easy printing.
HINTS and TIPS:
If pieces need to be trimmed in order to fit better, lay the piece to be trimmed on a flat surface and use a serrated knife to gently saw through the gingerbread.
If a piece breaks, lay the broken pieces on a piece of waxed paper and use the icing as glue to mend them. Allow the mend to dry 15 min. before trying to finish the house assembly.